Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Monday 1-18-05 Lake Conroe

This is the first topic on my first blog. I am going to attempt to start record my fishing trips and the results but, I will more than likely forget all about this in a matter of time. I guess you can say this is my New Years resolution.

I fished Lake Conroe last Monday. I didn't get to the lake until after 1 p.m. and was in my truck heading home by 4:15. Blue skies and very light wind. I was able to fish in the main lake without any problems from wind or waves. I started trying to jig fish under the 1097 bridge without any luck. I fished in the middle of the bridge and worked 3 or 4 sets of pilings. The water depth was 24-32 feet deep.

I then gave up on the jig fishing and went to Stowaway Marina and purchased 3 dozen minnows. I set up my spider rig on the main lake near the southern edge of Caney Creek. I found some structure in 33 feet of water and the bite was fast and furious for about 30 minutes. I was able to catch 14 crappie/12 keepers, 2 catfish, and a ton of yellow bass. The crappie bite was quick but died out when I started catching the yellow bass. I went through the 3 dozen minnows in about an hour and a half.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home