Saturday, January 22, 2005

Tough, windy day.....

I fished with two friends from work today. One of them being Roger, webmaster and owner of www.fishontexas.com. The morning was nice but the fish weren't cooperating very well. I fished the same location as I did earlier that week near Caney Creek in the main lake, 25-33 feet deep. We were able to catch 13 keeper sized crappie from 8 until noon.

windyopenwater

The wind really picked up around 11 and the bite had ceased so, we decided to try and go catch some whites. I went to a place that had produced well for me in the past early, early in the year in upper Walden Cove. That was a bust. We put the boat on the trailer, grabbed a burger in Willis and then headed north to Cagle. Put the boat back in the water and scratched out 5 more keepers from the dark water pond.

Blackwater Pond

thespot

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home