Sunday, February 06, 2005

Saturday, 2/05/05; Conroe

I fished out of Shannon's boat today. Roger and I met Shannon at his house around 7 am and headed to the Stubblefield area. We went all the way past the Stubblefield bridge and tried the oxbow area a bit with poor results. We caught 2 crappie and a white bass. The water was cold from the recent front and the rain that came with it, 43 degrees in the Stubblefield area. On he way out, we went into Stubblefield lake, someone has cut the laydown away that was covering the cut from the bridge to the lake down since the last time I was up there.



By this time it was well after noon and we went to Fisherman's Cove at Stowaway Marina for a burger.

From 2 until 5 we fished deep structure in 32 feet of water in the main lake and that is where we found some fish. They weren't large fish but, they were there in numbers.



Oh, I almost forgot to mention that I didn't catch any crappie, they were all caught by Shannon and Roger. I was jigging with a single pole in the back and they were running a spider rig in the front.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home