Monday, January 30, 2006

Lake Houston; 1/29/06

I made it out to Lake Houston by 3 p.m. on Sunday afternoon to try and prefish for the up coming BCCC Tournament. Having never fished the lake, I felt lost the entire time I was there. I scouted the East Fork portion of the lake and fished some but, wasn't very successful.

I was able to catch only 2 crappie. 1 was just over the 10" mll and the other was a tiny little thing that made me wonder how it got the minnow in its mouth in the first place. Along with those 2 fish came some white bass and a yellow bass but, not more than I could count on all my fingers. I never did find a large concentration of fish.

As I was leaving, I was passing a boat that was crappie fishing and asked them if they wanted the one fish that I had kept. They said sure. We spoke for a minute and they indicated they were going to fish the tournament the following weekend as well. By the looks of their ice chest and the size and amount of fish they had, I have my work cut out for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home